Friday, October 4, 2013

"Don't You Want'a Get A Pedicure?"

On our last trip to Key West, my wife informed me that she had set an appointment for she and I to have a pedicure at Nailtini on Duval Street.  While not of the Duck Dynasty mold, as a southern male, I looked at her as if she were crazy.  She replied, "Don't you want'a get a pedicure?  Come on, you'll like it."  Having my reservations, I agreed and knew that part of my Key West vacation would be spent getting "sissy-ed up".

The morning of our appointment came and we walked from our hotel down Duval Street to Nailtini Nail Bar and Day Spa.  With no problems, we found the small quaint frame building that Nailtini calls home.  As we entered, we were given a professional yet friendly greeting.   Our reservation was confirmed and we were seated in the brand new chairs that had just been installed the day before.  We were literally the first two pedicures given in the new chairs of the newly remodeled Nailtini.

A pedicure novice at age 54, I sat in the chair and waited for what was to come.  A complimentary martini was offered to both of us and Athena, a very friendly and delightful person, sat before me and began the pedicure.  Guys, to be honest with you, it felt good.  Really good!  Athena and I yakked it up and she told me about a new workout (Cross Fit?) that she had just begun the night before and how sore she was.  When the pedicure was complete, I kind of hated to go.  My feet felt so good and my toes looked great in my sandals.  The whole experience had been a lot of fun.

Thanks to Athena for a great first pedicure and good conversation!

I'll be back next year for another "pedi".  I'm kind of sold on it.  And I'll be back at Nailtini.  I'm kind of sold on them too.


**I am an avid tourist of Key West, FL. The purpose of my blog, Southernmost Point, is to give an honest observation from a tourist perspective, not a "Chamber of Commerce" or merchant's perspective. I will give honest and helpful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment