Thursday, October 10, 2013

Why Key West?

Here I am in Mississippi, just over 200 miles from numerous beautiful Gulf Coast beaches.  Gulf Shores, Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach, and Destin all come to mind.  And yet each year, I keep on going back to Key West, FL.  So some people ask me, why Key West?

Maybe Key West just came along at the right time.  My wife and I waved goodbye to our daughter and new son-in-law as they drove from their wedding reception.  They were on their way to their honeymoon in Cancun.  After we got home from the reception, my wife looked at me and said, "Shouldn't we be the ones taking a trip?"

As some of you may know, being a  parent of the bride can take a lot out of you, financially and emotionally and I was ready for an escape.  Within the next week, my wife had put together a trip to Key West.  A flight on Delta Airlines to the small Key West Airport and accommodations at the Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa.  It sounded good to me.

Our flight touched down at just past noon in Key West and a short cab ride later, we arrived at the Hyatt.  Five days and four nights later, fully refreshed, I had fallen in love with Key West!

In the following blogs, I will in more detail explain what I love about Key West, things that my wife and I have discovered and things that will make your trip easier and more enjoyable.  Should you have a Key West question, I can answer it from a tourist perspective instead of a "Chamber of Commerce" or Merchant's perspective.  I will be honest and helpful.  Feel free to email me at nationsricky@gmail.com.  Please make sure that you place the words, "KEY WEST" in the subject line.

I wish you safe and fun travel.


**I am an avid tourist of Key West, FL. The purpose of my blog, Southernmost Point, is to give an honest observation from a tourist perspective, not a "Chamber of Commerce" or merchant's perspective. I will give honest and helpful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment