Sunday, November 24, 2013

Winter In Key West

The leaves outside have turned yellow and red and many have fallen to the ground.  For the past couple of days, rain has drizzled down ushering in a cold front that has dropped the low temperatures into the 30's.  On overcast and rainy days with winter kicking in the door, my mind tends to drift southward.  Key West seems to stay on my  mind.

Winters in my home state of Mississippi are generally mild compared to most of the U.S. however, they would seem harsh in comparison to those of Key West.  Since the time that the U.S. Weather Service has maintained records, the lowest recorded temperature in Key West is 41 degrees F and that was in 1886.   I would imagine that somewhere around 65 degrees, the citizens of Key West break out their sweaters.

Friday evening as I looked at the cold rain falling outside my office window, I checked the temperature in Key West, it was 80 degrees.

The average winter temperatures for Key West are as follows:

November:   80 high / 72 low
December:    76 high / 67 low
January:        74 high / 64 low
February:      76 high / 66 low
March:          78 high / 68 low

Winter has been brutal.  I could live with a little Key West weather!   CURRENT WEATHER IN KEY WEST.




No comments:

Post a Comment